Going to College?
College planning tips
GOING TO COLLEGE IS AN INVESTMENT YOU MAKE IN YOURSELF!
College planning tips:
- Take the SAT test early in your senior year (it's also wise to take it in your junior year as well)
- Start a college search - this involves attending college fairs and college financial aid sessions.
- Explore your career interest paths
- Review requirements for college applications
- Meet with your counselor to make sure you are on track for college with your course selection.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities
- Discuss college finances with your family
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for college
- Attend a financial aid night to learn the basics of financial aid.
- Participate in college tours to become familiar with the layout of the campus
- Submit and keep track of all paperwork
- DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - www.fafsa.ed.gov.
For assistance or more information, contact Minister Flora Boles at 517-887-8185.